Social Networks like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and You Tube can be a great way to connect with customers by announcing deals, putting out news about your business and keeping up with trends.
However, like everything else, using some common sense practices will make the sites more useful to you and your business:
- Only share information that you are comfortable with the world seeing forever.
- Perform a social audit to see what is already on the internet about yourself or your firm. If you encounter erroneous information, take corrective action.
- Keep your anti-virus and malware security software updated.
- Use solid passwords and avoid sharing them.
- If you have employees, create a social media policy for your company.
- Report any scam or questionable activity to the social networking site.
- Never respond to personal information requests from unknown sources.