Introduced in 2008, voice search has seen a boost in popularity to the point that 40% of adults used voice search in 2017. This is the fastest growing way to search for information online including for data about companies, and is not showing any signs of slowing down.
The way voice search works is that the phone assistant will read out a featured snippet related to the search. You want to be the company that is mentioned in that feature snippet.
Some ways to achieve this are:
- Think like a searcher. When you know how people search for your company, make sure it’s on your website, blogs, newsletters, etc. Then you will be ready when voice searches make it to the search console.
- Make sure your site loads fast. Voice searchers are not likely to be the types to wait for pages to populate.
- Keep your local SEO current including accurate contact name and contact info on your Google business page.
Some think 2018 will be the year of the voice. The best time to optimize for this traffic is now!
Fresh SEO Stats
Speaking of SEO, ModernTechnoLab brings us very recent, interesting, and informative stats on SEO:
- 30% of all searches are related to location.
- Four out of five consumers use search engines to discover local information.
- A computer / tablet is used for 84% of searches and 88% of users search on a smartphone.
- The average number of words used for a search query is nine.
- Google holds an 81.12% share of the search engine market.
- By the end of 2018, there will be 73 billion phone calls generated by mobile search alone.